Which electric toothbrush is most worth it - best value for money?

Which is the best electric toothbrush under $100 today?
Elena

Which electric toothbrush is most worth it - best value for money?

Post by Elena »

There's an upcoming sale on Amazon and I'd like to plan my purchases in advance to take advantage of price discounts.

Which would be the electric toothbrush that's best/most ‘worth it’ ?

I'm right now thinking about the Oral B iO3 model. But if I can get a great deal on the Sonicare Diamondclean, I might go for it instead.

My budget isn't unlimited, but also isn't shoestring. So I can spend around $100 to $150 on it. Typically these special deals tend to knock off around 30% to 50% on retail price - which makes me hopeful I'll find a good price.

Have you used either of these models? Or can you suggest any other that's good value for money?

TIA

Elena
Elena

Discover the best Sonicare toothbrush
Electric toothbrush reviews written by passionate people.
Helps you choose the perfect electric toothbrush for your needs.
vaindanger

Re: Which electric toothbrush is most worth it - best value for money?

Post by vaindanger »

Hi Elena

I've owned 2 Philips Sonicare toothbrushes. My first one was the most affordable model and lasted for four years. I can't recall the exact model of the second one, but it was priced similarly to the DiamondClean and lasted 5 years before the battery started to degrade and the controls became unreliable.

Now my third Sonicare is a model that costs about half as much. :)

Although the pricier models do seem to last longer, I doubt the high-end versions significantly outlast the mid-range ones to justify the extra money you'll pay for it.

The main differences appear to be in the smart features and slightly superior motors. But unless you have special dental needs like sensitive teeth or prior oral surgery, these differences will likely be small.

I've also tried Oral-B, which is good, but due to my sensitive teeth, I prefer Sonicare. 8-)
SEASTON

Post by SEASTON »

Definitely a Sonicare. The bristles don't hurt your gums, especially if like me you've got sensitive gums. What you'll save in cash, you'll pay in suffering! :o
peegeer

oral b for the win

Post by peegeer »

any oral-b toothbrush is my preference. oral-b 500 and oral-b pro 1000 are good choices. with a recharging station is effective if used correctly and consistently. just remember to replace the brush heads every two months.

opt for a rechargeable model. you can even use it in the shower!

oh and be sure to visit your dentist at least twice annually.
timbal

Post by timbal »

My Oral-B indicates every 30 seconds when I should move to another quadrant. It lights up whenever I press too hard. For my needs, it's perfect.

Earlier I used an expensive Sonicare electric toothbrush. All the bells and whistles. But not much practical difference. My view? You don't have to spend $150 on a toothbrush to get great value. :D

Tim
cindycin

Post by cindycin »

I'm thrilled that I shifted to a Sonicare from OralB. For some reason, I simply like the sonicare model better.